Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Active Teaching Lab: Tech for Soft Skills

Thursday, March 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

Register

Educational research concludes that only 25 percent of grading is based on academic knowledge (Bowers, 2016). How do we teach the social processes that comprise the other 75 percent? How can technology be used to cultivate the important “non-academic” skills that your disciplines need?

Walk-ins welcome but registration appreciated to ensure refreshments for all. Bring your laptop or mobile device for hands-on experimentation. Have opinions or experience on the topic? Sign up as a contributor.

The Active Teaching Lab is a Faculty Engagement program with sessions held on Thursdays from 1:00-2:00pm and Fridays from 8:30-9:45am in the Middleton Building (1305 Linden Dr.), room 120. Check out upcoming Labs or read the recaps from past Labs. We build interdisciplinary conversations that are more emergent than a presenter and more dynamic than a panel — a conversation with colleagues sharing challenges, solutions, and experiments on topics selected by a variety of stakeholders.

Sign up for regular Lab announcements by sending an email to join-activeteaching@lists.wisc.edu.

Details

Date:
Thursday, March 28
Time:
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Cost:
Free
Event Categories:
,

Venue

Room 120, Middleton Building
1305 Linden Drive
Madison, 53706
+ Google Map
Phone:
608-262-5667
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.