Introduction to Learn@UW Tools
Monday, May 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmRegister
As of spring semester 2021, Learn@UW-Madison manages and supports the 12 learning technologies that make up the Learn@UW suite. Each of these tools meet a need of our teaching and learning community, but instructors may not be aware of all of them, their key features, or how they may integrate with each other. This one-hour course is a 30,000-ft overview of those tools that provides just enough time to introduce each tool — without getting bogged down in the details — to help instructors and instructional support staff determine whether any of these tools could be of use in their courses.
We will provide a few minutes discussion on each of the following products:
- Canvas learning management system (LMS)
- Kaltura MediaSpace media delivery platform
- AEFIS (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System) student learning assessment tool
- Top Hat student response system
- Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing tool
- Engage eText reader
- Pressbooks eText authoring and hosting platform
- Piazza online discussion platform
- Atomic Assessments advanced quizzing tool
- Turnitin originality comparison and citation checking tool
- Honorlock automated proctoring solution
- Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) course-level learning analytics dashboard
This session will be held in a Zoom room. The link to the Zoom room will be included in the confirmation email you will receive after you register below. You may also click here to enter the room at the designated time.
This training session is organized and hosted by Learn@UW-Madison. To explore (and register for) other sessions related to our Learn@UW tools, visit the DoIT Academic Technology Events calendar.