- This event has passed.
Overview of Learn@UW Tools
Tuesday, January 18 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amRegister
Learn@UW-Madison manages and supports the 12 tools that make up the Learn@UW suite of learning technologies. Each of these tools address a particular need of our teaching and learning community. This one-hour course is a 30,000-ft overview of those tools. We provide just enough time to introduce each tool — without getting bogged down in the details. We discuss key features and limitations, and explore how the tools may integrate with each other. With this knowledge, instructors and instructional support staff can determine whether any of these tools could be of use in their courses.
We will provide a few minutes discussion on each of the following products:
- Canvas learning management system (LMS)
- Kaltura MediaSpace media delivery platform
- AEFIS (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System) student learning assessment tool
- Top Hat student response system
- Engage eText reader
- Pressbooks eText authoring and hosting platform
- Piazza online discussion platform
- Atomic Assessments advanced quizzing tool
- Turnitin originality comparison and citation checking tool
- Honorlock automated proctoring solution
- Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) course-level learning analytics dashboard
This session will be held in a Zoom room. The link to the Zoom room will be included in the confirmation email you will receive after you register below. You may also click here to enter the room at the designated time.
This training session is organized and hosted by Learn@UW-Madison. To explore (and register for) other sessions related to our Learn@UW tools, visit the DoIT Academic Technology Events calendar.