STS: Access 1
April 3 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This course is an introduction to Microsoft Office Access, a relational database creation and management tool. After outlining what relational databases are, Access 1 focuses on creating tables and entering data.
- What are relational databases?
- Understanding primary and foreign keys
- Understanding and defining relationships
- Designing, creating, and modifying tables
- Entering and manipulating data
- Importing and exporting data from various file formats
Workshop Manual and Class Files:
Note: these files are available through the STS Canvas course. If you are not enrolled, click here to enroll
Anyone interested in learning about relational databases, creating tables, and entering data using Microsoft Office Access.
Basic computing skills
Note: Software Training for Students services are only available to currently registered undergraduate or graduate students of UW-Madison. Faculty, staff and former students are not eligible to attend our training workshops or consultations.