- This event has passed.
STS: Access 2
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmRegister
Attending STS Sessions Online
All Software Training for Students workshops sessions are currently being delivered virtually via Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and can be accessed from within the STS Canvas course.
To attend the workshops, do the following:
- Enroll in the STS Canvas Course (if you are not already enrolled)
- After enrolling, click the link to our BB Collaborate Ultra page
- Find the name of the workshop you'd like to attend and click the Join Session button.
- Recommended: Download the class files for the session by finding the corresponding workshop manual in the Modules section of the course.
In Access 2, students will learn to establish relationships among tables and use queries to extract useful information from their data. Students will also learn how forms and reports can help organize and present data.
- Creating entity relationship (ER) diagrams
- Using referential integrity and cascade features
- Developing relational queries
- Using the query design grid Creating custom fields
- Creating simple forms and reports
Workshop Manual and Class Files:
Anyone interested in creating more advanced and/or interactive databases
Previous experience with relational databases such as Access or SQL is helpful for understanding this workshop's material.
Note: Software Training for Students services are only available to currently registered undergraduate or graduate students of UW-Madison. Faculty, staff and former students are not eligible to attend our training workshops or consultations.