- This event has passed.
Thursday, October 15 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmRegister
Attending STS Sessions Online
All Software Training for Students workshops sessions are currently being delivered virtually via Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and can be accessed from within the STS Canvas course.
Blackboard recommends using Google Chrome as your web browser when accessing Collaborate Ultra.
To attend the workshops, do the following:
- Enroll in the STS Canvas Course (if you are not already enrolled)
- After enrolling, click the link to our BB Collaborate Ultra page
- Find the name of the workshop you'd like to attend and click the Join Session button.
- Recommended: Download the class files for the session by finding the corresponding workshop manual in the Modules section of the course.
Create an account here: https://www.sketchup.com/plans-and-pricing/sketchup-free and click on “Start Modeling”
SketchUp Free is the free online version of better known SketchUp 3D modeling software. It is used for architecture and interior design, landscape design, and can also be used for 3D printing.
Topics Covered Include:
- Navigating the Workspace
- Mouse Functions
- 2D Concepts and Tools
- 3D Concepts and Tools
- Basic Modifications
- Groups and Components
- Scenes and Animation
- Beyond the Basics (Optional)
Anyone interested in 3D modeling and design.
Basic computing skills
Note: Software Training for Students services are only available to currently registered undergraduate or graduate students of UW-Madison. Faculty, staff and former students are not eligible to attend our training workshops or consultations.