Information Technology Academy (ITA) supports students in academic success and the pursuit of higher education. ITA is an opportunity to gain valuable technology skills, prepare for the college admissions process, and connect with a community of peers, tutors, mentors, and alumni in meaningful ways. Students who graduate ITA and gain admittance to UW-Madison are eligible for a full-tuition scholarship through the PEOPLE Program. ITA is offered at no cost to participants.
Applying to ITA Programs
- ITA Madison: Eighth graders planning to attend a Madison Metropolitan School District public high school apply for the 4-year, in-person program
- ITA Lac du Flambeau: Ninth graders from the Lac du Flambeau community apply for the 3-year program that combines in-person and online instruction
- ITA Oneida: Ninth graders from the Oneida community apply for the 3-year program that combines in-person and online instruction
- Summer Experiences: Incoming and returning students complete two-week day camps that include technology instruction, college preparation, and team building activities. Rising seniors complete a one-week residential experience on UW-Madison’s campus.
- Coursework Designed to Prepare Students for Success: Whether through on-campus or online classes, all ITA students receive an education to prepare for technical, academic and personal excellence
- Personal Laptop: Each ITA student receives a laptop with necessary software for coursework during the ITA program
- On-Campus Events: All programs include events on UW-Madison’s campus such as the Holiday Luncheon, Spring Conference, a Senior Residential Experience, and Graduation to celebrate successes and build connections
- One-on-One Support: Tutors, mentors, and staff provide individual support
- Hands-on Experience in the IT Field: Scholars participate in an internship tailored to their interests and includes focuses such as multimedia production, graphics and animation creation, network management support, database management and technical support
- Travel Course to Silicon Valley: Each year, ITA students can apply for the Silicon Valley Ambassadors Program where they learn about major tech companies and explore ways in which technology impacts our world
- In-state Tuition to UW-Madison: ITA graduates who are admitted to degree-seeking programs at UW-Madison, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and complete a 6-week bridge-to-college program are eligible to receive an in-state, undergraduate tuition scholarship through the PEOPLE program for up to eight semesters.