ITA seeks diverse students with academic potential, technology interest, and a willingness to commit to the program. All students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply to ITA. Eighth grade students planning to attend a Madison Metropolitan School District public high school are invited to apply to the ITA Madison program. Ninth grade students in Lac du Flambeau and Oneida communities are invited to apply to the ITA-TTI Lac du Flambeau and ITA-TTI Oneida programs.
Please note that students cannot participate in ITA and the high school PEOPLE program at the same time. Students currently in the PEOPLE program must complete their middle school PEOPLE program requirements before beginning ITA the summer before ninth grade.
ITA releases applications in late January of each year. The ITA application includes multiple components:
- Student information form completed by the student
- A personal statement written by the student
- A parent/guardian letter written by a parent or guardian
- A teacher/school counselor evaluation form completed by a teacher or school counselor
- A teacher/school counselor recommendation letter completed by a teacher or school counselor
- Grade reports, including attendance, tardies, semester GPA and cumulative GPA
The application provides more detail about each required component.
The 2018 ITA Application and Teacher/School Counselor Evaluation for all three programs (ITA Madison, ITA-TTI Lac du Flambeau and ITA-TTI Oneida) will be available for downloaded here in early 2018.
How to Submit Your Application
The deadline for 2018 ITA applications is 5:00 p.m. on March 9, 2018.
ITA strongly encourages online submission. Below are the steps for online submission:
- Students submit application materials to a school counselor.
- School counselors request access to ITA’s confidential online submission folder by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (608) 265-3145.
- School counselors create one PDF per student that includes that student’s complete application.
- Counselors upload PDFs of students’ applications to ITA’s confidential online submission folder.
If online submission is not possible, applicants and school counselors may fax student application materials to ITA at (608) 265-6453 or mail their application to ITA at 1210 W. Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706.
Interview Process Overview
After the application deadline, ITA processes every application and send a confirmation letter to applicants, acknowledging the receipt of all materials or informing applicants of missing materials. ITA staff and the ITA Advisory Committee review all completed applications. Applicants are notified of their application status, and finalists are asked to participate in an interview.
For the interview, ITA will ask you and a parent or guardian will be asked to join us for a 15-minute conversation. We will ask a variety of questions about you and your interest in joining ITA. You and your parent or guardian will have the opportunity to ask us questions. Here are some tips to keep in mind for the interview:
- Think carefully about each question before answering. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Be honest and answer each question as thoroughly as possible. Give specific examples, if you can.
- If your parent does not speak English, please contact us in advance to arrange for an interpreter to be present. If this is not possible, we may ask you to translate throughout the interview.
- Relax and be yourself. We’re excited to meet you and see if ITA is the right fit for you!
Soon after interviews are complete, all finalists are notified by mail of the final admission decision. Each year, ITA Madison has the capacity to accept 30 students, ITA-TTI Lac du Flambeau has the capacity to accept 15 students, and ITA-TTI Oneida has the capacity to accept 15 students.
We look forward to reviewing your application and hope to welcome you to the Information Technology Academy!
If you have questions, contact our Information Technology Academy program administrator via email or phone at (608) 265-3145.