ITA seeks diverse students with academic potential, technology interest, and a willingness to commit to the program. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to be eligible to apply to ITA. Eighth-grade students planning to attend a Madison Metropolitan School District public high school are invited to apply to the ITA Madison program. Ninth-grade students in Lac du Flambeau and Oneida communities are invited to apply to the ITA Lac du Flambeau and ITA Oneida programs.
Please note that students cannot participate in ITA and the high school PEOPLE program at the same time. Students currently in the PEOPLE program must complete their middle school PEOPLE program requirements before beginning ITA the summer before ninth grade.
ITA releases applications in late January of each year. By February, this page will include a link to the 2019 ITA application. The ITA application includes multiple components:
- Student information form completed by the student
- Student short answer statements written by the student
- A parent/guardian letter written by a parent or guardian
- A teacher/school counselor evaluation and recommendation form completed by a teacher or school counselor
- Grade reports, including attendance, tardies, semester GPA and cumulative GPA submitted in PDF form by the student
The application provides more detail about each required component. Applicants for all three programs (ITA Madison, ITA Lac du Flambeau and ITA Oneida) submit the same application.
How to Submit Your Application
The deadline for 2019 ITA applications is 5:00 p.m. on March 8, 2019.
ITA highly recommends student submit their application online. However, if applying online is not possible, a PDF version of the 2019 ITA Application and Teacher/School Counselor Evaluation and Recommendation Form will be available for download.
Interview Process Overview
After the application deadline, ITA processes every application and sends a confirmation letter to applicants, acknowledging the receipt of all materials or informing applicants of missing materials. ITA staff and the ITA Advisory Committee review all completed applications. Applicants are notified of their application status, and finalists are asked to participate in an interview.
For the interview, ITA will ask you and a parent or guardian to join us for a 15-minute conversation. We will ask a variety of questions about you and your interest in joining ITA. You and your parent or guardian will have the opportunity to ask us questions. Here are some tips to keep in mind for the interview:
- Think carefully about each question before answering. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Be honest and answer each question as thoroughly as possible. Give specific examples, if you can.
- If your parent does not speak English, please contact us in advance to arrange for an interpreter to be present. If this is not possible, we may ask you to translate throughout the interview.
- Relax and be yourself. We’re excited to meet you and see if ITA is the right fit for you!
Soon after interviews are complete, all finalists are notified by mail of the final admission decision. Each year, ITA Madison has the capacity to accept 30 students, ITA Lac du Flambeau has the capacity to accept 15 students, and ITA Oneida has the capacity to accept 15 students.
We look forward to reviewing your application and hope to welcome you to the Information Technology Academy!
If you have questions, contact Information Technology Academy via email or phone at (608) 265-3145.