Learn@UW is a suite of teaching and learning technologies that enable instructors to create course websites with communication, collaboration, content delivery and student assessment capabilities.
DoIT Academic Technology has two services to support the suite of tools — one for UW-Madison and one for all of UW System. Each school may have additional tools based on the needs of their specific campuses.
The Learn@UW suite at UW-Madison is comprised of numerous technologies and new ones are added regularly to meet the growing needs of campus. The following are just some of the tools that are supported:
- Course and learning management with Canvas, Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle learning management systems, which are all available via the Learn@UW Course Dashboard
- Collaboration with Blackboard Collaborate, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and Piazza
- Digital media with Kaltura MediaSpace
- Student quizzing and polling with Top Hat student response system (SRS)
- Assessment management with AEFIS (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System), a web-based assessment management tool used for delivery of digital course evaluation surveys and more
If you want to learn more or need assistance, please contact our learning technology consultants via email or phone at (608) 262-5667. In addition, the Learn@UW-Madison KnowledgeBase offers guides for instructors, course owners and students.