Learn@UW provides, supports and evaluates a suite of teaching and learning technologies that enable instructors to create course websites with communication, collaboration, content delivery and student assessment capabilities. Through Learn@UW, students and instructors have access to materials including syllabi, readings, multimedia files, file submission, grading and student progress reports.
DoIT Academic Technology has two services to support Learn@UW — one for UW-Madison and one for all of UW System. Each school may have additional tools based on the needs of their specific campuses.
The Learn@UW suite at UW-Madison — available at learnuw.wisc.edu — is comprised of numerous technologies and new ones are added regularly to meet the growing needs of campus. The following are just some of the tools that are supported:
- Course and learning management with Canvas, Desire2Learn (D2L) and ePortfolios while also including Moodle in the dashboard
- Collaboration with Blackboard Collaborate and Piazza
- Digital media with Kaltura MediaSpace
- Content authoring with Case Scenario/Critical Reader and Adobe Captivate
- Learning analytics and assessment with tools like Top Hat, the student response system (SRS)
If you want to learn more or need assistance, please contact our learning technology consultants via email or phone at (608) 262-5667. In addition, the Learn@UW KnowledgeBase offers guides for instructors, course owners and students.