Login to AEFIS
The Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback, & Intervention System (AEFIS) is a cloud-based tool that facilitates the collection and application of learning assessment data. Adopted by UW-Madison in 2016, AEFIS is currently used for several Student Learning Assessment initiatives including course evaluation surveys, program assessment plans, as well as course syllabi.
The transition to digital course evaluations using AEFIS is led by the Office of the Provost, in partnership with DoIT Academic Technology and AEFIS LLC, and is part of a larger campus initiative to build a next-generation student digital ecosystem to enhance university wide systems that support academic planning and student learning.
- Administration and delivery of digital course evaluation surveys
- Viewing of course evaluation survey results and reports
- Capturing of official UW-Madison course syllabi
- Capturing program assessment plans
At UW-Madison, AEFIS is integrated with the Canvas learning management system for the purposes of capturing and displaying the official, required syllabus information for courses. For more information about the Official Syllabus tool, see this KnowledgeBase document.
- Electronically distribute course evaluation surveys to students
- Display evaluation results online for both department and individual faculty
- Deliver official course syllabi online
Getting Started (for Instructors or for Students)
- Learn@UW-Madison AEFIS KnowledgeBase
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost’s Student Learning Assessment website
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost information on digital course evaluation surveys
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost information on official course syllabi and policies
The DoIT Help Desk provides instructors, staff and students with free tech support and troubleshooting help by phone at 608.264.4357, email at email@example.com and chat at helpdesk.wisc.edu. In-person support is also available at the DoIT Help Desk service desk in the Computer Sciences building. Visit helpdesk.wisc.edu for hours and more information.
The Office of the Provost, in partnership with the Learn@UW-Madison service, provides consultative support, hands-on training and other resources. Instructors and instructional staff can request a consultation through the DoIT Help Desk. In addition, the Learn@UW KnowledgeBase offers helpful documents for instructors, course owners and students.