Login to AEFIS
The Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback, & Intervention System (AEFIS) is a cloud-based assessment management system that facilitates the collection and application of learning assessment data. AEFIS is currently used for several Student Learning Assessment initiatives including course evaluation surveys, program assessment plans, course syllabi and direct assessment of student learning (DESL).
The Student Learning Assessment initiative is led by the Office of the Provost, in partnership with DoIT Academic Technology and AEFIS LLC, and is part of a larger campus initiative to build a next-generation student digital ecosystem to enhance university wide systems that support academic planning and student learning.
- Administration and delivery of digital course evaluation surveys
- Viewing of course evaluation survey results and reports
- Capturing of UW-Madison course syllabi
- Capturing program assessment plans and reports
- Direct evidence of student learning (DESL)
At UW-Madison, AEFIS is integrated with the Canvas learning management system for DESL and syllabi. This integration allows instructors to link key assessments and activities to both program and course learning outcomes using DESL. The integration also captures and displays the required syllabus information for courses. For more information about DESL and Course Syllabus (AEFIS), see this KnowledgeBase document.
AEFIS is connected to other university-wide systems including student information and curriculum management systems, as well as digital learning assessment tools.
- Electronically distribute course evaluation surveys to students
- Display evaluation results online for both department and individual faculty
- Deliver official course syllabi online
- Evaluate learning based on student performance on tasks directly connected to learning outcomes
Getting Started (for Instructors or for Students)
- Learn@UW-Madison AEFIS KnowledgeBase
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost’s Student Learning Assessment website
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost information on digital course evaluation surveys
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost direct evidence of student learning (DESL) information
- UW-Madison Office of the Provost information on course syllabi and policies
The DoIT Help Desk provides instructors, staff and students with free tech support and troubleshooting help by phone at 608.264.4357, email at firstname.lastname@example.org and chat at helpdesk.wisc.edu. In-person support is also available at the DoIT Help Desk service desk in the Computer Sciences building. Visit helpdesk.wisc.edu for hours and more information.
The Office of the Provost, in partnership with the Learn@UW-Madison service, provides consultative support, hands-on training and other resources. Instructors and instructional staff can request a consultation through the DoIT Help Desk. In addition, the Learn@UW KnowledgeBase offers helpful documents for instructors, course owners and students.