Honorlock is an automated proctoring solution that helps instructors foster academic integrity when providing remote assessments to students. Honorlock is designed for assessments built in the Canvas learning management system (LMS), particularly in Canvas Quizzes. It also works with third-party assessment tools that are integrated with Canvas, such as Atomic Assessments and publisher Digital Learning Tools. Honorlock can also be used solely as a lockdown browser in cases where full, artificial intelligence-based proctoring is not needed.
- Seamless integration with Canvas Quizzes
- Works with Canvas Quizzes and third-party tools in Canvas, including publisher Digital Learning Tools and Atomic Assessments
- Lockdown browser capabilities, which prevent students from opening up other webpages and applications during their exam
- Tracks student behaviors and activity during the exam using a Chrome browser extension, webcam and microphone
- Artificial intelligence (AI) flagging of student behaviors that may be acts of academic misconduct, which the instructor can review after the student completes the exam
- Ability to enable multiple exam settings, including the lockdown browser, requiring a 360-degree room scan, or allowing specific URLs that are acceptable for use during the exam
Honorlock is seamlessly integrated with Canvas and is available for use in all courses found in the UW-Madison Course Guide. Within Canvas, instructors can choose to enable Honorlock and use it to proctor exams created with Canvas Quizzes and third-party assessment tools in Canvas such as Atomic Assessments. There are a variety of options available to customize the test-taking experience as outlined in this Honorlock KnowledgeBase document.
Honorlock is available in Canvas to all for-credit courses found in the UW-Madison Course Guide. To start using Honorlock, you first need to unhide the Honorlock link in Canvas as outlined in Enabling Honorlock in Canvas. Once this is done, you can start setting up exams to use Honorlock for proctoring as outlined in this Honorlock video.
- Learn@UW-Madison Honorlock KnowledgeBase
- Honorlock’s KnowledgeBase
- Guidelines & Resources from UW-Madison’s Student Learning Assessment Team
Honorlock technical support is provided by the vendor. For direct support, please use Honorlock’s chat feature directly in Canvas, call their support phone number at (844) 243-2500, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.