Login to Kaltura MediaSpace
Kaltura MediaSpace is a cloud-based video hosting platform available to users with a UW-Madison NetID. Faculty, staff and students can upload media content to Kaltura MediaSpace, at which point it is automatically converted and optimized for distribution on the web. Media links and embed code are provided so that you can easily share your media in Canvas, on websites and social media.
- Easy-to-use interface for uploading, hosting and delivering media rich content, including instructional videos
- Simple screen and webcam recording
- Uploaded content can be restricted to specific campus users
- Captions can be uploaded from 3Play or AutomaticSync
- Can handle larger files with ease
- Video content is available for any online device (mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Automatic Machine Caption for accessibility
Kaltura MediaSpace is integrated with the Canvas LMS to offer functionality such as recording, uploading, publishing, searching and sharing directly from within Canvas.
Video can be being incorporated into courses as a powerful teaching and learning aid to improve learning outcomes. Examples include:
- Lecture capture
- Flipped classrooms
- Student video assignment submissions
- Video feedback for assignments
- Teaching skills by recording students practicing in class
- Remote teaching and learning
- Supplementary course material
Kaltura MediaSpace can be accessed at mediaspace.wisc.edu. Documentation and video tutorials are available on the Learn@UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace KnowledgeBase and offer helpful information on how to get started.
- Best practices for using Kaltura MediaSpace, such as policies and appropriate use
- KnowledgeBase document for getting started with Kaltura MediaSpace
- Kaltura’s “Knowledge Center” product guide
- Information on UW-Madison media transcription and captioning services
The DoIT Help Desk provides instructors, staff and students with free tech support and troubleshooting help by phone at 608.264.4357, email at email@example.com and chat at helpdesk.wisc.edu. In-person support is also available at all DoIT Tech Store locations. Visit helpdesk.wisc.edu for hours and more information.
The Learn@UW-Madison team is also available to consult with instructors and instructional staff on selecting and using the right learning technology to improve student success. You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, the Learn@UW KnowledgeBase offers helpful documents for instructors, course owners and students.