The September 29, 2017 Active Teaching Lab explored Canvas Scheduler. Naomi Salmon shared how she takes the nightmare out of scheduling.
A useful, but often-overlooked feature, the Scheduler can help streamline office hours, individual performance exams, study groups and other hard-to-schedule meetings.
- Used When2Meet.com before Canvas Scheduler.
- Scheduler offers multiple ways to meet: face-to-face, online, individually and in groups.
- Canvas Scheduler lets you give yourself breaks. Schedule across multiple times (e.g. 10-12, and 1-3).
- Once students get over the initial awkwardness of the first online office hours, they voluntarily do it more. Screen sharing lets the focus be on the paper/problem, etc rather than on interpersonal, face-to-face dynamics.
- View Naomi’s google slides
Active Teaching Labs are held Fridays from 8:30-9:45am (and every other Thursday from 1-2pm, see events calendar for dates) in room 120, Middleton Building. Check out upcoming labs or read recaps from past labs. To stay informed about upcoming Labs, sign up for regular announcements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the recorded livestream:
Get started with Canvas Quizzes: