The benefits of blended learning extend to students, instructors, and the entire university. A recent Blend@UW participant noted: “By blending [my course], I have carved out time to work with my students to understand how I want them to think about the material, and we have meaningful discussions wherein the are creating their own understanding.”
Blend@UW offers one-week sessions this summer to provide instructors with the knowledge and peer support necessary to design blended courses that foster deeper, more active learning. This course is offered at no cost to you.
Faculty and instructors can apply online by May 5, 2017 for one of these upcoming sessions:
- Session 1: May 15-19, 8:30am-12:00pm, 122 Ingraham Hall
- Session 2: June 5-9, 8:30am-12:00pm, 122 Ingraham Hall
- Session 3: August 21-25, 8:30am-12:00pm, 122 Ingraham Hall
Participants of Blend@UW will:
- Develop a course map of that includes activities, delivery format, technology to be leveraged, and assessment models
- Be introduced to technologies that can help them reach their course goals
- Develop a plan to evaluate their course once the blended-learning changes are integrated
Faculty Engagement offers Blend@UW in partnership with the Educational Innovation (EI) Initiative and L&S Learning Support Services. For specific questions, please contact us via email or phone at (608) 262-5667.