Since 2013, Blend@UW has helped over 350 instructors design blended and technology-enabled courses that foster deeper, more active learning for students. In that time, the program has evolved based on participants’ feedback to better serve instructors. Improvements have included condensing the schedule, providing more information on technology-enabled elements, and offering sessions in the winter and summer breaks. Now for the first time, Blend@UW will also offer a week-long session during spring break.
Applications for all 2019 sessions – winter, spring break and summer – are being accepted. To reserve a spot in the winter sessions, applications should be completed by December 14, 2018. Dates for the upcoming sessions are as follows:
- Winter Session 1: January 7-11, 2019, 8 a.m-noon, 122 Ingraham Hall
- Winter Session 2: January 14-18, 2019, 8 a.m-noon, 122 Ingraham Hall
- Spring Break Session: March 18-22, 2019, 8 a.m–noon, 122 Ingraham Hall
- Summer Session 1: May 13-17, 2019, 8 a.m–noon
- Summer Session 2: June 3-7, 2019, 8 a.m–noon
- Summer Session 3: July 15-19, 2019, 8 a.m–noon
- Summer Session 4: August 19-23, 2019, 8 a.m–noon
Blend@UW participants develop a course map that includes activities, delivery format, technology to be leveraged and assessment models. To learn more about course maps and blended learning in general, read the “What does blended learning look like on campus?” And “What are the benefits of blending my course?” guides. In addition, they create a plan to evaluate your course once implemented.