Work at Software Training for Students
Working at Software Training for Students is a great way to gain new skills and help your fellow students – we’re excited that you are interested in being a part of our team!
Find out more and fill out an application below.
Employees at STS take on the role of Student Technology Trainer, which consists of the following duties:
- Teach our open-enrollment technology workshops to fellow students
- Deliver custom technology workshops requested by instructors or student orgs on campus
- Provide one-on-one help through Ask A Trainer appointments
- Learn new software tools and technologies to improve your skills as a trainer
Pay starts at $11 per hour and can increase as employees add new skills and gain experience. The position is open to students of any accredited higher ed institution, which means if you are going to Madison College or another non-UW-Madison school in the area, you are still eligible!
Maintaining an inclusive and representative team is a top priority for STS. We encourage all interested students to apply, and want to emphasize that Software Training for Students is a welcoming workplace for people from groups traditionally under-represented and/or excluded from tech spaces including:
- Black and Indigenous students
- Latinx and Hmong students
- Women and non-binary students
- LGBTQIA+ students
- Students from low-income backgrounds
- First-generation students
- Students with disabilities
This semester we are looking to bring onboard trainers who are currently proficient in (or willing to learn) the following:
- Adobe Creative Cloud tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- R and R Studio
We prefer that applicants have at least two semesters left on campus at UW-Madison or another local college before graduating.
If you have any questions about the application or the position itself, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.